Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Yarraville, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Yarraville, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. In the first three years of life, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and more than twice as active as an adult brain! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Listed are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Yarraville, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Yarraville, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- Bond with your baby through lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. Research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice.
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- Treat your child’s ears to the rich sounds of real orchestra as opposed to the children’s classical music made using synthesizers; incorporating classical music into the bedtime ritual of your children will be soothing and calming.
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: