Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Williamstown, Victoria
In order to develop the vital bonds between a mother and her child our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Williamstown, Victoria employ the use of lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Listed are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Williamstown, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Qualified, expert teachers!
The early months and years are important for creating strong bonds with baby.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Williamstown, VIC
Integrate music into your daily life through these easy suggestions:
- Your favorite song can come in handy when trying soothe and settle your baby. Patting a rhythmic beat of your song on the baby’s back or nappy can help settle the baby. A natural beat or even rhythmic heartbeat pattern can do the trick.
- Bath time, a nappy change or bedtime routines can be enhanced by singing and turning these times into play! Try using melodies that you already know, eg. “here we go round the mulberry bush” and change it to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Be brave and sing whichever songs you may like to your baby; it could even be simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research has demonstrated that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- Listening to music should start at birth when new mothers should consider joining the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: