Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Westmeadows, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Westmeadows, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! Music can be used to nurture positive beginnings for your baby. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
Listed are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Westmeadows, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
To ensure a good relationship with your child, it’s important to foster this union during their early months and years.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Westmeadows, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Buying an orchestral CD or tuning into classical radio channels as part of your bedtime routine has an amazing influence on the development of your baby’s brain.
- Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” or “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into playtime!
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby music classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers classes from as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: