Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Werribee, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Werribee, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. You will become aware of how to create a calm and happy environment by integrating music into your home.
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Werribee, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Werribee, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- Use classical music as part of your bedtime routine; you can tune the radio into classical channels or buy orchestral CDs as it is much better for your baby’s developing brain than using children’s CDs created using synthesizers.
- “Here we go round the mulberry bush” is one idea of a song to sing during activities such as preparig a meal, changing a nappy or bath time.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: