Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Werribee South, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Werribee South, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. You can further stimulate the developing brain of your baby using the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical context.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Werribee South, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Rhyming books
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Werribee South, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Touch is a significant aspect in a babies development. Try using nursery rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to stimulate and engage your baby.
- Infants prefer the sound of their parents voice, so be brave and sing out loud the tunes to your favorite song or even a simple lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- Using the rhythm of your favourite song you can pat the baby’s back or nappy to soothe him/her. Other calming patterns include a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: