Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Watsonia, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Watsonia, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Using props, instruments, songs and games, we introduce children to music. Here are some of our favourites from Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Watsonia, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Watsonia, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- Buying an orchestral CD or tuning into classical radio channels as part of your bedtime routine has an amazing influence on the development of your baby’s brain.
- You can soothe the baby by patting his back or nappy to the rhythm of a heartbeat, a steady beat or your favourite song in order to calm and settle him.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Since research has demonstrated that infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, you can bond with your baby by singing lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or other songs.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time using simple songs like “here we go round the mulberry bush” and then composing your own versions “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” can turn these tasks into play time.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: