Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Watsonia North, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Watsonia North, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be equipped with various methods of easily incorporating music into your daily routine in order to foster a serene and joyful beginning.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. Compared to an adult brain, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life. Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Watsonia North, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Rhyming books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The early months and years are important for creating strong bonds with baby.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Watsonia North, VIC
Be sure to try these methods of integrating music into daily life:
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Sing your baby or infant a song that you enjoy singing, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices so be brave and sing!
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and at the same time sing rhymes. Many people find rhymes like “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty” ideal for this.
- Using the rhythm of your favourite song you can pat the baby’s back or nappy to soothe him/her. Other calming patterns include a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: