Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Waterways, Victoria
The emphasis of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Waterways, Victoria is to develop the significant maternal bonds through the simple use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A calm and happy beginning can be encouraged by learning techniques and skills to integrate music into your home environment.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. Compared to an adult brain, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life. Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Waterways, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Counting books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Waterways, VIC
Follow these ways of integrating music into your life:
- Bond with your baby through lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. Research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time can turn these transitions into play. You can try songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” and make up your own, “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are useful in beginning sensory play with children, for whom touch is very important.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- “To market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” are examples of the rhymes some people remember and which you can use to play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: