Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Warranwood, Victoria
In order to develop the vital bonds between a mother and her child our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Warranwood, Victoria employ the use of lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Warranwood, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Warranwood, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- Singing tunes like “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions from being a challenge into play.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: