Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Warrandyte, Victoria
The emphasis of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Warrandyte, Victoria is to develop the significant maternal bonds through the simple use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
Research shows that music has an immensely positive influence on the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Warrandyte, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Counting books
- Rhyming books
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Warrandyte, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Settling and soothing your baby can be done by patting his/her back or nappy, you can do this using the rhythm of your favorite song or a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a natural beat.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- To begin sensory playing with children, you can use rhymes such as “this little piggy” or “round and round the garden” and follow up with fun tickling!
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: