Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Wantirna, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Wantirna, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! Through music you can give your baby the opportunity of an early start in life. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Wantirna, VIC:
- Counting books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
To ensure a good relationship with your child, it’s important to foster this union during their early months and years.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Wantirna, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Your favorite song can come in handy when trying soothe and settle your baby. Patting a rhythmic beat of your song on the baby’s back or nappy can help settle the baby. A natural beat or even rhythmic heartbeat pattern can do the trick.
- Explore different songs you can sing to your baby during bedtime routine, including simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song for that matter as long as you enjoy singing them. Research as shown that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice.
- Buying an orchestral CD or tuning into classical radio channels as part of your bedtime routine has an amazing influence on the development of your baby’s brain.
- The sense of touch is very important for young children. You can begin sensory playing with them combining rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” with tickling and touch.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: