Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Vermont, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Vermont, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. Your baby’s brain develops rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a crucial period of time where you can give your baby an early start in life through music. You can further stimulate the developing brain of your baby using the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical context.
Instruments, props, music and games are bjust a few of the tools we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Vermont, VIC. Given below are some of our favorites:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Counting books
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Vermont, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” or “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into playtime!
- Tickling is a fun way to create a sensory connection with children. You can use rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to help begin playing.
- The baby’s nappy or back can be patted in a rhythmic pattern to the beat of your favorite song. Try variations of a heartbeat or a steady natural beat in order to calm and sooth him/her.
- You can play bouncing games with babies on your lap or arms and engage with them through fun nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: