Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Tottenham, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Tottenham, Victoria. You will become aware of how to create a calm and happy environment by integrating music into your home.
The majority of research into the effect of music on the development of your baby’s brain indicates that it has a positive influence in a number of key areas. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Tottenham, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
To ensure a good relationship with your child, it’s important to foster this union during their early months and years.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Tottenham, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Touch is very important for children and using rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with sensory stimulation like tickling or massage, can stimulate the senses.
- Try sourcing reputable classical music from the radio or CDs to use as part of the bedtime ritual. Good quality music treat the ears and developing brains of children while providing them with a calm bed time routine.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” or “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into playtime!
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: