Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Toorak, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Toorak, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! Music is a key element during this crucial window of opportunity that can give your baby a head start in life. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Toorak, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Counting books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Toorak, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Sing your baby or infant a song that you enjoy singing, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices so be brave and sing!
- Touch is a significant aspect in a babies development. Try using nursery rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to stimulate and engage your baby.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- Try sourcing reputable classical music from the radio or CDs to use as part of the bedtime ritual. Good quality music treat the ears and developing brains of children while providing them with a calm bed time routine.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: