Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near The Basin, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near The Basin, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Using props, instruments, songs and games, we introduce children to music. Here are some of our favourites from Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near The Basin, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Books we can sing and share together
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near The Basin, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- Be brave and sing to your baby or infant as research shows that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice. Try a nursery rhyme, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: