Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Templestowe, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Templestowe, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be equipped with various methods of easily incorporating music into your daily routine in order to foster a serene and joyful beginning.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Templestowe, VIC:
- Counting books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Templestowe, VIC
Have you tried these simple ways of integrating music into daily life:
- You can use melodies of songs such a “here we go round the mulberry bush” and “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn care tasks uch as changing nappies or taking a bath into play time.
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- The rich sounds of a real orchestra are a delight to the ears and developing brains of children. Choose authentic recordings, rather than synthesised music to optimise your listening experience.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: