Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Taylors Lakes, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Taylors Lakes, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
The growth of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Taylors Lakes, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Taylors Lakes, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Bedtime songs like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” are great for parents to sing to babies and infants as research has confirmed that babies like the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: