Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Taylors Hill, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Taylors Hill, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. You can further stimulate the developing brain of your baby using the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical context.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Taylors Hill, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Counting books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.Through playing music and singing songs you can enjoy fun activities that enable connectingand bonding with baby while laying the foundation for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Taylors Hill, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- Be brave and sing to your baby or infant as research shows that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice. Try a nursery rhyme, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and at the same time sing rhymes. Many people find rhymes like “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty” ideal for this.
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby music classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers classes from as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: