Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Syndal, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Syndal, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will learn techniques and skills that enable you to integrate music into your home environment for a calm, happy beginning.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. In the first three years of life, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and more than twice as active as an adult brain! This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. You can further stimulate the developing brain of your baby using the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical context.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Syndal, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The first weeks and months of a baby’s life are the best times to nurture a strong connection.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Syndal, VIC
Have you tried these methods of integrating music into your daily life?
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- Rhymes and songs are a great way to turn a bedtime routine, nappy change, bath time or other transitions from a challenge into play.
- An Interactive game like “open shut them” encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for the exiting actions such as clapping. Repeating these often enough will help them start doing these actions by themselves.
- Try sourcing reputable classical music from the radio or CDs to use as part of the bedtime ritual. Good quality music treat the ears and developing brains of children while providing them with a calm bed time routine.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: