Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Surrey Hills, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Surrey Hills, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! This is a crucial period of time where you can give your baby an early start in life through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Surrey Hills, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Counting books
To ensure a good relationship with your child, it’s important to foster this union during their early months and years.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Surrey Hills, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- “To market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” are examples of the rhymes some people remember and which you can use to play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- It doesn’t matter what song you like to sing, whether it is a lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or not, research has proven that toddlers love the sound of their parents’ voice so be brave and sing!
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: