Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Sunshine, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Sunshine, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Sunshine, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Sunshine, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- The sense of touch is very important for young children. You can begin sensory playing with them combining rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” with tickling and touch.
- Be brave and sing to your baby or infant as research shows that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice. Try a nursery rhyme, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Your bedtime routine can include soothing classical music playing softly in the background. Treat their ears and developing brains by listening to the rich sounds of a real orchestra.
- Singing during a nappy change is a way of turning such ordinary “jobs” into fun play. You can use melodies such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” to get started.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: