Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Sunshine North, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Sunshine North, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Sunshine North, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Sunshine North, VIC
Follow these ways of integrating music into your life:
- Bedtime songs like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” are great for parents to sing to babies and infants as research has confirmed that babies like the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Tickle your baby with feathers, towels and hands to stimulate the sensory nerves and couple them with rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- You can use melodies of songs such a “here we go round the mulberry bush” and “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn care tasks uch as changing nappies or taking a bath into play time.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: