Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Strathmore, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Strathmore, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
The following are music, props, games and instruments that we use in the introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Strathmore, VIC:
- Counting books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Strathmore, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- For some people, singing doesn’t come naturally. However, it’s important to sing whichever songs you enjoy since research shows that babies and infants simply love to hear the sound of their parents voice. So be courageous and sing a song, even if you start with a classic like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are useful in beginning sensory play with children, for whom touch is very important.
- Ensure that classical music is a part of your bedtime routine. Instead of using baby classical CDs which are often made using synthesizers you could turn the radio into classical channels or buy an orchestral CD which will be pleasant for baby to listen to and will also stimulate their developing brain.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: