Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Strathmore Heights, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Strathmore Heights, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Provided are examples of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that are used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Strathmore Heights, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Books we can sing and share together
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Strathmore Heights, VIC
Integrating music into your usual routines is as easy as following these simple suggestions:
- An example of a game that encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for exciting actions is “open shut them”. If similar games are repeated often enough they will encourage toddlers to independently do these actions.
- Be brave and sing to your baby or infant as research shows that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice. Try a nursery rhyme, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Some people remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which can be great fun for parents as well as children. You can also play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Buying an orchestral CD or tuning into classical radio channels as part of your bedtime routine has an amazing influence on the development of your baby’s brain.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: