Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near St Albans, Victoria
To nurture the precious bond between a mother and baby, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near St Albans, Victoria uses lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain develops rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near St Albans, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
- Counting books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near St Albans, VIC
Have you tried these methods of integrating music into your daily life?
- Singing during nappy change or bath time, or other transitions. Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” and try “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. Turn these times into play!
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- For some people, singing doesn’t come naturally. However, it’s important to sing whichever songs you enjoy since research shows that babies and infants simply love to hear the sound of their parents voice. So be courageous and sing a song, even if you start with a classic like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- By patting your baby’s back to the rhythm of your favourite song in a heartbeat or steady beat, you can often quickly settle him or her.
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: