Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Springvale South, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Springvale South, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Springvale South, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Springvale South, VIC
Be sure to try these methods of integrating music into daily life:
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Bath time, a nappy change or bedtime routines can be enhanced by singing and turning these times into play! Try using melodies that you already know, eg. “here we go round the mulberry bush” and change it to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Sing nursery rhymes while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn). Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”. Sing and play with your child!
- Since research has demonstrated that infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, you can bond with your baby by singing lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or other songs.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: