Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Spotswood, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Spotswood, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Spotswood, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Spotswood, VIC
Have you tried these simple ways of integrating music into daily life:
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- To begin sensory playing with children, you can use rhymes such as “this little piggy” or “round and round the garden” and follow up with fun tickling!
- Studies have found that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice, be sure to sing your favorite songs or common lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to them.
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: