Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near South Wharf, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near South Wharf, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near South Wharf, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Counting books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Qualified, expert teachers!
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near South Wharf, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Buying an orchestral CD or tuning into classical radio channels as part of your bedtime routine has an amazing influence on the development of your baby’s brain.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time using simple songs like “here we go round the mulberry bush” and then composing your own versions “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” can turn these tasks into play time.
- An example of a game that encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for exciting actions is “open shut them”. If similar games are repeated often enough they will encourage toddlers to independently do these actions.
- Bond with your baby through lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. Research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice.
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: