Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near South Melbourne, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near South Melbourne, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
Listed are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near South Melbourne, VIC:
- Counting books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near South Melbourne, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Patting the baby’s nappy or back in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, to the words of your favorite song or even a steady natural beat can have remarkable effects in calming the baby down.
- Sing nursery rhymes while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn). Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”. Sing and play with your child!
- Treat your child’s ears to the rich sounds of real orchestra as opposed to the children’s classical music made using synthesizers; incorporating classical music into the bedtime ritual of your children will be soothing and calming.
- Interactive games that encourage children to listen, anticipate an action and perform are also good fun for parent and child to play together.
- Tickle your baby with feathers, towels and hands to stimulate the sensory nerves and couple them with rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: