Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Somerton, Victoria
The focus of our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Somerton, Victoria is on helping you nurture the precious bond between mother and baby through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Somerton, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
- Counting books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.There is no better way to foster a passion for music in the life of your child and connect with them than through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Somerton, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Use classical music as part of your bedtime routine; you can tune the radio into classical channels or buy orchestral CDs as it is much better for your baby’s developing brain than using children’s CDs created using synthesizers.
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Repeating interactive games like “open shut them” will help the toddlers start doing these activities themselves.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time using simple songs like “here we go round the mulberry bush” and then composing your own versions “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” can turn these tasks into play time.
- Some people remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which can be great fun for parents as well as children. You can also play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: