Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Skye, Victoria
The focus of our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Skye, Victoria is on helping you nurture the precious bond between mother and baby through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
Your baby’s brain development, according to a large body of research, is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Skye, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Books we can sing and share together
- Rhyming books
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Skye, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Touch is a significant aspect in a babies development. Try using nursery rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to stimulate and engage your baby.
- Be brave and sing to your baby or infant as research shows that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice. Try a nursery rhyme, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- The rich sounds of a real orchestra are a delight to the ears and developing brains of children. Choose authentic recordings, rather than synthesised music to optimise your listening experience.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time using simple songs like “here we go round the mulberry bush” and then composing your own versions “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” can turn these tasks into play time.
- Some people remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which can be great fun for parents as well as children. You can also play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Bonding with Baby music classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: