Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Sherbrooke, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Sherbrooke, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Sherbrooke, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Qualified, expert teachers!
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Sherbrooke, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Some people remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which can be great fun for parents as well as children. You can also play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: