Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Selby, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Selby, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Your baby’s brain development, according to a large body of research, is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Selby, VIC:
- Counting books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Selby, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- It doesn’t matter what song you like to sing, whether it is a lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or not, research has proven that toddlers love the sound of their parents’ voice so be brave and sing!
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: