Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Seaford, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Seaford, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Seaford, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Seaford, VIC
Integrating music into your usual routines is as easy as following these simple suggestions:
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time using simple songs like “here we go round the mulberry bush” and then composing your own versions “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” can turn these tasks into play time.
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- Repeating interactive games like “open shut them” will help the toddlers start doing these activities themselves.
- Incorporating classical music into baby’s bedtime routine can provide a soothing end to the day, while treating his ears and brain to beautiful music. Choose quality recordings or try the classical radio stations rather than children’s CDs.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: