Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Seabrook, Victoria
In order to develop the vital bonds between a mother and her child our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Seabrook, Victoria employ the use of lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
The majority of research into the effect of music on the development of your baby’s brain indicates that it has a positive influence in a number of key areas. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Seabrook, VIC:
- Counting books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Seabrook, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- Tickle with feathers, towels and hands! Touch is so important for children and perhaps you can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to get the sensory play started.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: