Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Scoresby, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Scoresby, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will learn techniques and skills that enable you to integrate music into your home environment for a calm, happy beginning.
Your baby’s brain development, according to a large body of research, is positively influenced by music. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. Brain development is stimulated in a musical setting through a multisensory approach involving sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Scoresby, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Scoresby, VIC
Have you tried these simple ways of integrating music into daily life:
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Bedtime songs like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” are great for parents to sing to babies and infants as research has confirmed that babies like the sound of their parents’ voices.
- You can soothe the baby by patting his back or nappy to the rhythm of a heartbeat, a steady beat or your favourite song in order to calm and settle him.
- Use classical music as part of your bedtime routine; you can tune the radio into classical channels or buy orchestral CDs as it is much better for your baby’s developing brain than using children’s CDs created using synthesizers.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: