Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Sandringham, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Sandringham, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is a chance to use music to give your baby a flying start in life. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Sandringham, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Counting books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The first weeks and months of a baby’s life are the best times to nurture a strong connection.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Sandringham, VIC
Integrate music into your daily life through these easy suggestions:
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Use familiar tunes from songs you know, then add new words like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. By singing during bath time, meal preparations or nappy changes you can transform these activities into times of delight for your baby.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: