Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Sandhurst, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Sandhurst, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. A calm and happy beginning can be encouraged by learning techniques and skills to integrate music into your home environment.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Sandhurst, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Counting books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
To ensure a good relationship with your child, it’s important to foster this union during their early months and years.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Sandhurst, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Patting the baby’s nappy or back in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, to the words of your favorite song or even a steady natural beat can have remarkable effects in calming the baby down.
- Since research has demonstrated that infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, you can bond with your baby by singing lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or other songs.
- You can play bouncing games with babies on your lap or arms and engage with them through fun nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: