Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Safety Beach, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Safety Beach, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Instruments, props, music and games are bjust a few of the tools we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Safety Beach, VIC. Given below are some of our favorites:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Rhyming books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Safety Beach, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- With a newborn, play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and this can be fabulous fun for both parents and children. Examples of great nursery rhymes for this include “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: