Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Rye, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Rye, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Rye, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Counting books
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Rye, VIC
Integrate music into your daily life through these easy suggestions:
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby music classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers classes from as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: