Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Rowville, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Rowville, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Rowville, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Rowville, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Have a go! Whether belting out your favorite tunes or sticking with simple classic lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars”, your baby will love it! It’s a great way to engage with your little one as research has proven that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: