Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Richmond, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Richmond, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Richmond, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Counting books
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Richmond, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- Bedtime songs such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” can be sung to the baby or infant by their parents since research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Melodies of songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn ordinary activities like a nappy change or bath time into times of great fun!
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Tickle with feathers, towels and hands! Touch is so important for children and perhaps you can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to get the sensory play started.
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: