Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Preston, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Preston, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. You will be equipped with various methods of easily incorporating music into your daily routine in order to foster a serene and joyful beginning.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Compared to an adult brain, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life. This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Preston, VIC:
- Counting books
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Preston, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Your bedtime routine can include soothing classical music playing softly in the background. Treat their ears and developing brains by listening to the rich sounds of a real orchestra.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Interactive games that encourage children to listen, anticipate an action and perform are also good fun for parent and child to play together.
- “Here we go round the mulberry bush” is one idea of a song to sing during activities such as preparig a meal, changing a nappy or bath time.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: