Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Portsea, Victoria
The focus of our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Portsea, Victoria is on helping you nurture the precious bond between mother and baby through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. The first three years of your baby’s life is characterized by rapid brain growth and development as well as twice the activity of an adult brain. Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. Stimulation of the baby’s brain can be achieved by engaging the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Portsea, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The early months and years of the life of your baby are an important time to foster your relationship with them.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Portsea, VIC
Try these simple ways of integrating music into your life:
- For some people, singing doesn’t come naturally. However, it’s important to sing whichever songs you enjoy since research shows that babies and infants simply love to hear the sound of their parents voice. So be courageous and sing a song, even if you start with a classic like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Tickling is a fun way to create a sensory connection with children. You can use rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to help begin playing.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Use classical music as part of your bedtime routine; you can tune the radio into classical channels or buy orchestral CDs as it is much better for your baby’s developing brain than using children’s CDs created using synthesizers.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: