Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Port Melbourne, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Port Melbourne, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. You will become aware of how to create a calm and happy environment by integrating music into your home.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! Brain development is stimulated in a musical setting through a multisensory approach involving sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Port Melbourne, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Counting books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Port Melbourne, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- It doesn’t matter what song you like to sing, whether it is a lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or not, research has proven that toddlers love the sound of their parents’ voice so be brave and sing!
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: