Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Point Cook, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Point Cook, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Your baby’s brain development can be stimulated through multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Point Cook, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Books we can sing and share together
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Point Cook, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- Studies have found that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice, be sure to sing your favorite songs or common lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to them.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and at the same time sing rhymes. Many people find rhymes like “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty” ideal for this.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Use familiar tunes from songs you know, then add new words like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. By singing during bath time, meal preparations or nappy changes you can transform these activities into times of delight for your baby.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: