Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Pennydale, Victoria
To nurture the precious bond between a mother and baby, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Pennydale, Victoria uses lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Pennydale, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Counting books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The first weeks and months of a baby’s life are the best times to nurture a strong connection.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Pennydale, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- Since research has demonstrated that infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, you can bond with your baby by singing lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or other songs.
- Bath time, a nappy change or bedtime routines can be enhanced by singing and turning these times into play! Try using melodies that you already know, eg. “here we go round the mulberry bush” and change it to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- Incorporating classical music into baby’s bedtime routine can provide a soothing end to the day, while treating his ears and brain to beautiful music. Choose quality recordings or try the classical radio stations rather than children’s CDs.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: