Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Patterson Lakes, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Patterson Lakes, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Stimulate your baby’s developing brain through multiple senses in a musical environment through sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Patterson Lakes, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Books we can sing and share together
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Patterson Lakes, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- The rich sounds of a real orchestra are a treat for your baby’s ears and developing brain. Classical music is a lovely addition to any bedtime routine.
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are fabulous fun ways of engaging the parent and child, you can also play bouncing games on your lap or arms with a new born.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: