Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Parkville, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Parkville, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Parkville, VIC:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
- Books we can sing and share together
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Parkville, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: