Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Parkdale, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Parkdale, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Parkdale, VIC:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Parkdale, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- By patting your baby’s back to the rhythm of your favourite song in a heartbeat or steady beat, you can often quickly settle him or her.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time, or other transitions. Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” and try “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. Turn these times into play!
- Have a go! Whether belting out your favorite tunes or sticking with simple classic lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars”, your baby will love it! It’s a great way to engage with your little one as research has proven that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Babies are toddlers are engaged by bouncing games like, “To Market To market” and “Humpty Dumpty”. They love being in their parents arms or on their lap.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Listening to music should start at birth when new mothers should consider joining the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: